Saturday, November 7, 2009

More words

Word play: I was looking up bastion, and naturally it wound up on this blog. The interesting thing is that bastion and Bastille have similar roots. I think of the Bastille, a prison in France, and Bastille Day (July 14, I think).
bastion • \BAS-chun\ • noun

1 : a projecting part of a fortification

2 : a fortified area or position

3 a : a place of security or survival
* b : a place dominated by a particular group or marked by a particular characteristic
Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment