Saturday, September 22, 2012

He's a PUNTER!

Football 101: I was watching a college-football game just now, and a team trotted out its punter. He boomed one, and the announcer said that it was a great kick.

It was a PUNT! He's a PUNTER! (I feel like Alan Iverson here; it's PRACTICE! We're not even talking about a game; it's PRACTICE!)


They do it all the time. Sometimes I hate TV announcers. They wouldn't know a punt if it hit them in the butt.


Editorial group: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo. We've been really active lately, and I think we've become useful to each other.


I love puns: Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment