Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Does this need hyphens?

Found online: More importantly, both stayed in rhythm despite being yanked in-and-out of Saturday’s game.

If you said someone had an in-and-out kinda game, I'd hyphenate it. Here, I wouldn't use the hyphens.


Editorial group: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo. We've been really active lately, and I think we've become useful to each other.

I love puns: 
I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.



Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment