Friday, September 14, 2018

Be instated

FOUND ONLINE: A curfew has also be instated for the city of Greenville, N.C. starting Thursday night at 8 p.m. and will remain in place until Friday 8 a.m.

I looked up instated. Instate means to set up in position; install or establish. I don't know that I'd heard of it before.

So it's correct. I think I would change be to been, and I'd also put a comma after N.C. and add at after Friday.

A curfew has also been instated for the city of Greenville, N.C., starting Thursday night at 8 p.m. and will remain in place until Friday at 8 a.m.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment