Friday, April 12, 2024

A SARDONIC COMMENT

I've seen the word sardonic before, but I didn't remember the meaning.

Meaning of sardonic: grimly mocking or cynical.

or; disdainfully or skeptically humorous derisively mocking

I watch a lot of the old TV show Perry Mason, which was produced in association with Paisano Productions. So I looked up paisano (which looked to me like peasant).

I got several definitions online. One said a peasant of Spanish or Italian ethnic origin.

Another: rustic, peasant, compatriot, native, especially a native of the state of California of mixed Spanish and American Indian ancestry.

Also, among Italian Americans and Americans of Italian descent: a fellow Italian or Italian-American; a fellow ethnic Italian.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

ENTRIES FROM THE DOG BLOG

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment