Saturday, April 3, 2010

What does it mean?

I JUST FOUND AN INTERESTING headline: LeBron must Cav a title. I'm just wondering what it means.

It obviously has something to do with the fact that LeBron James wants to win an NBA title for his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers. And that's great. The problem is that the headline writer appears to be using Cav (short for Cavaliers) as a verb.


Maybe I'm just slow today, but what does it mean? Is he using Cav for have? If he is, it's not working with me.


Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

1 comment:

  1. I agree, but it's like a play on words, using "Cav" for Cavaliers instead of "have." That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete