Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Taking the reigns

Headline found online: Holly Warlick ready to take the reigns from legendary Pat Summitt

No, she'll take the reins, as with a horse.

One other thing: Knute Rockne, John Wooden and Vince Lombardi are "legendary." I think Summitt's been around too recently to be a legend.


Another headline: Orioles' Adams suspended for amphetamine use


This headline is misleading. Adams is a minor-league player in the Baltimore Orioles organization. He's not an Oriole.



Editorial group: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo. We've been really active lately, and I think we've become useful to each other.

I love puns: They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.


Contact: You can reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment