Thursday, December 25, 2014

In his sites

Found online: In the process of tracking down a prowler, Reed and Malloy become the targets of a skilled assassin who gets Reed in his sites.

I think that would be sights.

Word game: I was reading a book of short stories and articles written by Isaac Asimov. He used the word insuperable twice in one story, and I had to look it up.

I found it on several web sites. Here are two definitions that are practically the same:

insuperable: impossible to solve or get control of : impossible to overcome

OR: incapable of being passed over, overcome, or surmounted

Found online: The Crimson have a good shot at making the NCAA tournament once again and making life miserable for whomever they draw in their first game.

I've pointed this out many times; it should be whoever.


Links: On my web siteI have links to some of my stories online.

Editorial group: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo! We've been really active lately, and I think we've become useful to each other.

Writers' guidelines: If you want to write for magazines (or book publishers), check out the writers' guidelines on my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo!

Followers: Welcome to all the followers on this blog. May the Force be with you.

Check it out: You might look at Funds for Writers, which specializes in grants for writers.



Contact:
 You can reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.comAlso, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)

(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment