Friday, February 24, 2012

A dumb move

This isn't about writing or editing, per se, but I feel the need to write about it.

I was driving up the road yesterday with a convoy of cars behind me (I drive the speed limit). A woman was trying to cross the divided street with her children, including one in a carrier. I stopped to let her cross, and the white car behind me passed me to the left in a turn lane, cut in front of me and hurried past the family.

I was indignant then, and I'm still angry. What he (I assume it was a man) did was stupid, dangerous and illegal. You don't use a turn lane to pass people, and you sure don't do it with pedestrians not far off.

Grrrr!

I have to assume he had been looking for a place to pass me and didn't see the family. Or maybe he didn't care.

I guess it's time to write an article about stupid drivers. This will make a nice start.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment