Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I wonder...

Found online: “In hard economic times we’re creating jobs and delivering clean, affordable electricity."

This isn't a complaint. I just wonder if there's such a thing as dirty, unaffordable electricity. Just asking.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

3 comments:

  1. That second half of the sentence looks ok to me but I get your point. It's the sort of question I often ask when I hear or rad similar constructions.

    But 'hard economic times' looks odd. Better, surely, is 'economic hard times.' Cos 'economic times' doesn't stand alone whereas 'hard times' does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rob. I see your point, and I agree. But I still wonder if there is a source of dirty, unaffordable electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,

    A great observation Tom. Energy, yes. Electricity, not so much.

    However, when I worked at power companies, I visited many sites. It all looked pretty dirty too me.

    Best,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete