Friday, August 17, 2018

Crew compliment

FOUND ON YOUTUBE: Potential Crew Compliment, or 272 RV's!!

This was a video about the size of the Starship Enterprise's saucer section, comparing it to the size of this guy's RV space. He wanted to know if there was room for a crew complement of more than 400.

Yes, he meant Crew Complement, not Crew Compliment. Otherwise, he's just saying nice things (compliments) about the crew.

FOUND ONLINE: "I think John is subtle like a freight train, and he's going to say what's on his mind," James Clapper, a former director of national intelligence, said on CNN's "State of the Union."

I hate a split attribution. I don't like stacked adjectives, but I'd do it this way:

"I think John is subtle like a freight train, and he's going to say what's on his mind," former director of national intelligence James Clapper said on CNN's "State of the Union."

It's not great, but I like it better.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment