Friday, May 24, 2013

Spell correct; spell check in advance

Spell correct: I was just typing an email to my freelance network when I was misspelling moderator (I'm the network's owner and moderator, and spell correct just fixed moderator as I was typing).

Spell correct (my term for fixing spelling as you're writing; kinda like spell check in advance) is a great thing, especially when I'm getting my fingers tangled.


But sometimes it's a pain in the butt. The other day I was writing hears, and spell correct made it heard before I could finish. I only had to change one letter, but sometimes it's done it to me with much longer words.


Usually, it's a great thing; sometimes it's not.


Blogs: If you have an editing or writing blog (or if you have a particular entry you're proud of), let me hear about it. It doesn't even have to be a writing or editing blog. I just like good writing. Thanks.

Check it out: You might look at Funds for Writers, which specializes in grants for writers. 


Contact: You can reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment