Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Editing a quote

Found online: “I will do whatever the coaches want me to do. Whatever they want me to do, I’m going to do it. I came out tonight and did what I had to do. I did my job and tried to execute as well as I could.” 


I'd be more than tempted to cut out that second sentence, since it says the same in the first sentence.

I will say this: Crash Davis from Bull Durham would have loved this rookie; he knows his cliches. "I just want to help the team. We just play them one game at a time."

And don't think; it'll only hurt the team.


Contact: You can reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment