Wednesday, July 12, 2017

I do tend to air

FOUND ONLINE: While I’m usually correct about enough things to keep my job, I do tend to air on the side of caution when it comes to injuries and I don’t like one-dimensional players.

It's obvious the writer meant err rather than air. I'm trying to find an excuse for him or her -- why it was done -- but I can't find one.


FROM THE SAME STORY: Last year, Thomas struggled to stay on the field because of his miserable blocking, something that could cost him snaps if he doesn’t approve this season.

How could someone write approve when he means improve?


ALSO FROM THE SAME STORY: This is because, during that two-year period, Peyton Manning through 94 touchdown passes.

I wonder if a computer program wrote this story. The writer meant threw, not through.

YET MORE FROM THAT STORY: When he can’t can on the field the patchwork interior line is exposed and everyone struggles to get going.

I wonder if the writer meant stay rather than can.

This writer also needs to use some commas.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK
ENTRIES FROM THE DOG BLOG

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment