Monday, July 27, 2009

Don't matter, bro

Nothing matters: The idea of nihilism has always interested me. I don't believe in it, but some people do.
Nihilism
(from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting that values do not exist but rather are falsely invented. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life[1] is without meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.
Keeping records: I just got a press release saying that so-and-so just set a new record at Somewhere Speedway. All newsmen cringe when they hear that. You can't set an old record; it has to be a new one.

Dialogue: I'm editing a book that doesn't have dialogue. The book reads pretty well otherwise. But it's easier to read a book with dialogue, whether it's fiction or non-fiction.



Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment