Saturday, July 11, 2009

They're not winning; they're leading

Score bored: I always hate it when someone says that a team is losing or winning 16-0. They aren't losing 16-0; they're trailing 16-0. Or they're leading 16-0.

I can't complain too much, though; I've caught myself saying it, too.


That irritates me: I keep hearing this ... I'm the kind of guy that goes with the flow. He's the kind of outfielder that catches everything. She's the kind of girl that you don't want to take to meet dear old dad.


It's who. I'm a who. An outfielder is a who, and a girl is a who. Grrr.


Attribution rock: I just found this sentence on NYTimes.com — “It’s still a lot less than it would be if we had to pay someone to police the course,” Robinson, 67, said. The last part of the sentence works out better as ," said Robinson, 67.



CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.


Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


No comments:

Post a Comment