Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wrestling with numbers

I covered the state wrestling championships Saturday night, and I was confused. The schedule sheet said that two of my matches would be on Mat 8, and another would be on Mat 6. The problem is that the mats were marked 1 through 4.

And they weren't even marked logically. Class 3-A was on Mat 1, and 4-A was on Mat 4. Logically, you'd put Class 1-A on Mat 1, 2-A on Mat 2, etc. No such chance. Makes too much sense.

But I got through it, had three state champions in three tries, and had a pretty good time. No food, though.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment