Monday, February 14, 2011

Talking about the team

I realize that this is all personal preference, but I hate the use of the word team here.

As I wrote in my column from Arlington, the Green Bay Packers are a deep team, a team that showed a lot of preserverance, a team that went the long route on the road the entire length of the playoffs and played the NFL's most successful franchise and still won it all.

Another way: The Green Bay Packers are deep and persistent. They went the long route on the road to the Super Bowl, then beat the NFL's most successful franchise.

We know the Packers are a team; we don't need to hit people over the head with the fact. Besides, the writer also misspelled perseverance.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment