Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spell check comment

I RECEIVED THIS COMMENT for my blog entry on spell check.

Thanks, Rob (a member of my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo!



Rob Crompton said...
You are absolutely right to be wary of spell checkers. The cherry tree example seems also to illustrate a related problem - that of the incompletely set up speech-to-text program. I'm sure that I'm seeing more and more of this sort of thing, especially in emails. And emails don't matter, of course, do they? Just dictate, spell check and hit send. Never mind that the message is unintelligible.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment