Saturday, August 14, 2010

Watch those acronyms

I WAS SEARCHING THE Internet for the N.C. Press Association just now, and I made the mistake of using NCPA.

I didn't find the press association right away, but I did find web sites for the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA), the National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA), the Northern California Power Agency (NCPA), the National Collegiate Paintball Association (NCPA), the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) Mumbai, and the Northern Counties Pony Association (NCPA).


That doesn't include the National Cottonseed Products Association (NCPA, sigh), the National Crime Prevention Association (NCPA), and, finally, the Nebraska Chiropractic Politics Association (NCPA).


Actually, no, I just found the National Center for Physical Acoustics (NCPA) at the University of Mississippi in Oxford. I hope that's all.


I especially liked the paintball association, though.



Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment