Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A good editor

I was curious what it says online about good editors; what makes a good editor? So I did a search, and here are some of the results:

There's Excellent Editors, from the Charlotte (NC) Observer.

Here's Top 10 qualities of a good editor.

If you're into film (I'm not), there's What Makes a Good Editor?

From About.com, there's Lillian Ross on the Qualities of a Good Editor.

And, finally, here's the quiz Are You a Good Editor?

I always thought so.



Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

1 comment:

  1. Great post Tom! My junior writers will love this; they keep asking me questions about editing, etc.

    I'd love to direct them to this blog on a regular basis, but blogspot.com is blocked here in China(I use a VPN to read it).

    ReplyDelete