Monday, January 20, 2014

What does SB mean in a headline?

FOUND ONLINE: Dolphins Look to Upgrade RBs, Continue GM Seach at SB

That's a promo and link for an online story, and I went to it assuming that SB meant Super Bowl. When I got in the story, I realized that they meant Senior Bowl, an annual game to show off college players who are going pro.

So the promo was misleading, at least to me. (And they need to fix the spelling of Search.)

I guess it's kinda like SIL, Internet slang that could mean son-in-law or sister-in-law, depending on who's talking.

NOTE: They could have said -- Dolphins look for RB upgrade at Senior Bowl

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

ENTRIES FROM THE DOG BLOG

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment