Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Another way to write it

FOUND ONLINE: “I hate to make it sound like this,” Brady’s father, Tom Brady Sr., said the week before the title game, “but it has kind of become natural."

I hate this construction, but I struggled with a better one. Maybe this:

The week before the title game, Brady's father, Tom Sr., said, “I hate to make it sound like this, but it has kind of become natural."

I'm not a huge fan of doing it this way, but it's better than the writer's way.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment