Friday, February 2, 2018

Mangled attribution

FOUND ONLINE: “We’re in absolutely uncharted waters,” Heather Richardson, a professor of American history at Boston College and the author of a history of the Republican party, told Quartz, adding “I’m beside myself.”

I hate the way the writer did the attribution here. I'd change it:

“We’re in absolutely uncharted waters; I’m beside myself,” said Heather Richardson, a professor of American history at Boston College and the author of a history of the Republican Party.

I'd leave out Quartz, since this is on the Quartz web site, and I'd uppercase Republican Party.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


ENTRIES FROM THE DOG BLOG

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment