Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He proved it

Found online: In 17 seasons at Tennessee, proved he could compete with the best in the business. I think you need to move he after the comma. In 17 seasons at Tennessee, he proved...

Tightly wound: This week, I was editing a story that said that something was inextricably linked with something else. I knew that inextricably involved a powerful link, so I looked it up to make sure.
in·ex·tri·ca·ble (n-kstr-k-bl, nk-strk-bl)
adj.
1.
a. So intricate or entangled as to make escape impossible: an inextricable maze; an inextricable web of deceit.
b. Difficult or impossible to disentangle or untie: an inextricable tangle of threads.
c. Too involved or complicated to solve: an inextricable problem.
2. Unavoidable; inescapable: bound together by an inextricable fate.
in·extri·ca·bili·ty, in·extri·ca·ble·ness n.
in·extri·ca·bly adv.
More editing: I go back and read my old blog entries, and I continue to find little mistakes. A little extra time helps.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment