Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Over 15 years

Just found: "Photo Editor with over 15 years in the industry" — no, sorry. That's more than 15 years.

This is "a website which seeks to inform and educate our visitors." No, it's a web site that seeks...

"This near death experience" would work better as this near-death experience. Help the reader.

I found Yeshiva World News online. Don't they realize the acronym (YWN) sounds like Y-A-W-N? That's like having the Kremlin Radio Directorate (KRD).

I was excited about following an editor on Twitter until he/she spelled a word enviormental. I do have to admit that I realize what they're trying to say, and I'm still following him/her, for a while, at least.

Elsewhere, I found a supposed writer who has 11,660 followers. I wonder what they see in her.

I also found an online photo of a store sign DANALS with the D and S dark. Think about it. Under the photo, it said, The Importance of Editing, Neon Edition. On the same page was a photo of a Dead End sign, with a cemetery behind it. Now that's a perfect headline.

U2? I hate it when people abbreviate words in messages. Hi, how RU? I see U like K9s. Me 2. I have a product that's good 4 dogs. No, thanks. UR making me sick.

Handbook: You might check out the Copyeditor's Handbook, available on Amazon.com and elsewhere.


CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.


Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


No comments:

Post a Comment