Saturday, February 20, 2010

Looking for information

I GUESS I'M EASILY TICKED OFF. I came across an Associated Press story for the Kansas-Colorado game that said that this Aldrich kid had a double-double in the Jayhawks' victory. It didn't say how many points or rebounds he had, in the lede (you'd spell it lead) or anywhere else in the story.

I went to ESPN.com and had to jump through hoops, but I found out that Aldrich had 17 points, 10 rebounds and five blocked shots. Why couldn't they just say that? I found a later version of the story, and Aldrich's information was buried toward the bottom.


Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment