Friday, June 25, 2010

The purpose of this blog

TODAY'S QUESTIONS: People have told me that they can't figure out the purpose of this blog. I think the word definitions and such have confused them.

What would you like to see here? Do you want to hear about the newspaper world? Do you want me to stick to examples of editing? Do you want word definitions?

You can leave comments on this blog or contact me at tgilli52@gmail.com. Thanks.

EDITORIAL GROUPS: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo. The freelance group is mine.

BLOGS: If you have an editing or writing blog (or if you have a particular entry you're proud of), let me hear about it. It doesn't even have to be a writing or editing blog. I just like good writing. Thanks again.

IT'S OK: I often don't like the contrived headlines for the N.Y. Post -- they often try too hard to be cute. Today, then ran the headline about Phil Collins trying (and failing) with soul standards -- Collins fans don't get their Phil. It's obviously a take on getting their fill, and this time it works. Collins' fans didn't get the music -- or the Phil -- they were expecting.


Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment