Friday, March 10, 2017

Would've have

FOUND ONLINE: Philadelphia Daily News columnist Paul Domowitch made a convincing presentation for Owens, and if I hadn't already been sold, he would've have swayed me.

It looks like the writer and the copy editors (if they have them) didn't read this closely enough. "He would've swayed me" would work just fine, I think. Or "would have swayed me."


ALSO FOUND ONLINE: He found a home in Athens, Georgia, for the Bulldogs, where he exceled the next three years.


It's excelled, not exceled. And Associated Press style is Athens, Ga.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment