Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two mistakes too many

I LIKE TO LOOK through journalism job ads in my area, just in case, and I'm always dismayed when I find errors. I just found an ad from Virginia that had at least two mistakes, too many for the editor of an "award-winning" publication.

I see a lot of mistakes in messages to my freelance network, "phase" when "faze" is correct, "tact" instead of "tack." At one time, the freelancers might descend on this writer with no mercy, but now they seem to have more tact. And I appreciate it.


But I hate to see the mistakes (especially when they're on this blog or in one of my articles or books).



Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment