Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Shifting copy desks

My wife lost her job when Media General dissolved the copy desk at the Winston-Salem (NC) Journal and centralized its copy-desk operations in Tampa and Richmond. At the same time (last December, about a week before Christmas), I lost my part-time freelance job with the Journal.

Here's a story on the centralization of copy desks published by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It's a subject close to my heart, and it's an important one for all current and future copy editors.

And all former copy editors, like my wife and me.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment