Sunday, July 17, 2016

Misleading photo

PHOTO FOUND ONLINE: I often complain about a misleading headline, but today I found a misleading photo.

The headline was about a NASCAR great who was battling dementia, and the big photo showed a sad-looking Jimmie Johnson, certainly a NASCAR great.

I was stunned until I started reading the story about former NASCAR great Fred Lorenzen and his health problems. I've met and talked to both men, and Lorenzen's problems are real to me. If Johnson had health problems, though, that would have been even stronger for me.

I could click on black-and-white photos of Lorenzen that go along with the dementia story, but I felt I'd been "suckered" into the story by the photo of a modern racing superstar.


CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.


Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment