Friday, July 1, 2016

Their savings was

FOUND ONLINE: It's just their savings was almost always eaten up during the year to cover a "bad month."

Maybe I'm confused, but "their savings was" sounds wrong to me. I'd say "their savings were." It just sounds right to me.

FROM ANOTHER ONLINE ARTICLE: His 195 tackles in ‘02 is only the second-highest total in Dolphins history.

Tackles are.

His 195 tackles in '02 are only the second-highest total in Dolphins history.

ALSO FOUND ONLINE: Jerry Jones always made it clear that he’s not afraid of being a gambler when it comes to his teams’ roster.


Jones only owns one team (the Dallas Cowboys), so it would be team's, not teams'.

CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.


Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment