Thursday, June 9, 2011

Writing a juvenile headline

WHEN I HEARD about Anthony Weiner sending photos of himself to a woman via Twitter, I knew lewd, crude and juvenile headlines were about to assail us.

If you're a fan of juvenile headlines, you might check out About.com's political headlines section.

I've written a few thousand headlines over the last three decades, and I would have been careful with Weiner headlines. Obviously, other headline writers aren't so careful, and, hey, perhaps their bosses prefer loud, showy and low-humor headlines.

I kinda liked the headline Congressman Wants Weiner Probe.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment