Saturday, September 26, 2009

Advice to beginning writers

Rules for writing: I've only read one book by author Jean Lorrah, but I've read the Vulcan Academy Murders (a Star Trek book) probably 10 times. In fact, my wife and I have two copies in case we both want to read it at the same time. Quick bio: Lorrah got her doctorate at Florida State University and teaches English at Murray State.

Here are some of Lorrah's rules about writing.


By the way, I got a thank-you note from Jean Lorrah for the mention in my blog. Classy lady. She said she needs to update the web site, though.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment