Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shooting your own

Not-so-friendly: I always cringe when military folk talk about friendly fire. There's nothing friendly about it. Pat Tillman, the former NFL player, died of friendly fire (killed by his compatriots), and I believe that Confederate general Stonewall Jackson died the same way. Jackson was shot in the arm; it was amputated, but he got pneumonia and died.

I've tried to think of an alternative for friendly fire. Shooting your own?


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment