Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wishes and work

Thought for today: Normally, you'd only see a quote from Vince Lombardi in a blog or story on football. Today, we'll use his quote about hard work. Lombardi was thinking alphabetically.

"The only place (that) success comes before work is in the dictionary." -- Vince Lombardi

I recently re-read Jerry Kramer's books "Instant Replay" and "Distant Replay", and I wish I could have known Lombardi.

Editorial groups: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo or The Writer's Rescue on Ecademy.

Blogs: If you have an editing or writing blog (or if you have a particular entry you're proud of), let me hear about it. It doesn't even have to be a writing or editing blog. I just like good writing. Thanks.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment