Monday, September 21, 2009

Making good/bad choices

Check your spelling: I've enjoyed the blog When Spell-Check Can't Help (although I may not have hyphenated spell check). The blog isn't as much about spell check as it's about poor choices in spelling and grammar. It uses diffuse/defuse, roll/role and emotional ringer/emotional wringer (the latter is correct) as examples.

Here's another blog on spell check called Spell-Checking to Disaster. The blog is called Copywrite, Ink.

Editorial groups: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo.

Blogs: If you have an editing or writing blog (or if you have a particular entry you're proud of), let me hear about it. It doesn't even have to be a writing or editing blog. I just like good writing. Thanks.


Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

1 comment:

  1. > Check your spelling: I've enjoyed the blog
    > When Spell-Check Can't Help (although I may
    > not have hyphenated spell check). The

    BTW, a good spell check program is Spell Check Anywhere (SpellCheckAnywhere.Com). It adds spell checking to all programs, including blogs. It also has optional grammar checking. Might be of interest.

    ReplyDelete