Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who's tailgate is it?

FOUND ON THE SPORTS WIRE: "It disappoints me that I have to move away from a lot where I've been for about 20 years, but I saw it coming a long time ago," said Johnson, who's tailgate has attracted international recognition as he's been featured in newspapers, on The Food Network and even profiled in a German magazine.

Most of that is fine, but it should be whose, not who's.

HYPHENATION ROCK: I always have a hard time figuring out where the hyphens go for Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski. Still, I know they go before the "s." Why mention it? For a wire story, the computer just hyphenated his name before the "w," so I put a hyphen ahead of the "s."


Contact: Reach me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com.

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment