Monday, February 8, 2016

Lead or led

FOUND ONLINE: Thankfully that experience lead him to where he found a knack in the Stooges.

Yes, this is a story about the Three Stooges; I'm a big fan.

They've used lead here, as in leaded gas. I think led would work better.

FROM THE SAME ARTICLE: The Three Stooges was easily one of the most innovative Hollywood creations in it's use and dependability on added sound effects to enhance the comedy.

I can see that they're trying to make the Three Stooges a single entity, but I don't think it works here. Still, even if they were a single entity, you'd use its, not it's. On the other hand, I'd use "their", since it's the Three Stooges, who are plural.


LINKS: On my web siteI have links to some of my stories online.

EDITORIAL GROUP: If you're a writer, editor or general freelancer, you might check out my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo!

WRITERS' GUIDELINES: If you want to write for magazines (or book publishers), check out the writers' guidelines on my Freelance Writers and Editors group on Yahoo!

CHECK IT OUT: You might look at Funds for Writers, which specializes in grants for writers.

CONTACT: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.
Entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)


(the book of great NASCAR stories)




More blog entries by Tom Gillispie






No comments:

Post a Comment